Thursday, April 24, 2008

ON A COLD NIGHT - The Shake Down




Tonight was the big evening of one-act plays in Massillon, Ohio, paying homage to Jack London. I was able to attend the show and see the interpretation of my play, ON A COLD NIGHT. It's loosely based on "To Build A Fire", "The Call of the Wild", and a few other Jack London short stories. I wrote the play in January, and it's been out of my mind since I finished it, my focus having moved on to other projects. My impression? I was very happy with the final result. The director had to orchestrate four plays, all featuring high-school drama students, in the span of just a few months - and I applaud him for all his hard work in pulling every piece of it together. The best way I can describe mine...it was like a high school play directed by Max Fischer from RUSHMORE. Four young students portraying Klondike characters twice their age (one teen a frostbitten, wiley old-timer), skinning wolves, swearing, bullet hole ridden and busting caps in the asses of claim jumpers hungry for gold. I think Max was in the very last row in the theatre with an approving smirk on his mug. Semper Fi, Soldier. Semper Fi.

No comments: